Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Experiences at Dealerships

Now this should be interesting and I wanna hear about your experiences as well. Going to a car dealer has become somewhat of an experience hasn't it? I wish they will be a bit more understanding and not too selfish about making the sale and making that elusive commission. I went to Honda in Lancaster California the other week and was received by some really good guys there. Had a very good time when I was looking at their cars but what ground my gears, was the fact that the senior sales people there were very rude, I mean I was with my son and wife so these guys are in a little office using profanity and very loud too. Now if that's not a deal breaker I don't know what is. This really does give people who you work with a bad name. Now I don't want to go back there. I hope whoever is in charge there gets to sort it out. Now I want what happens to vulnerable customers in these dealerships. The Toyota guys were very helpful and polite and never at any one point try and twist my hand into purchasing a car, now in this comfort zone you tend to want to buy the car.

Times are hard I know so maybe that's why car sales people are like the way they do. I went into the Chevy Dealer in Palmdale too. This is where I felt so small. I mean the guy who was helping me was pretty new, so he was honest enough to let me know that his knowledge on the cars was limited and I respected that, but then he referred me to the man who knew it all. Tell me folks when has anyone ever gone to the dealership not knowing what they want. This guy was talking to me like I have never looked at a car or seen a Tahoe even. I am a Mechanical Engineer for crying out loud. Very patronizing. I was going to test drive the Camaro as well so I thought to myself no, I will have to get it from another dealer and I am hoping they wont be as pushy.I could not wait to get out of that Dealership. I am sure I am not alone in saying all this. People we should not let them get away with it because that's "the way they do things." Well that is not the way we are as customers handle business, we dismiss and move one. I would hate to see my mother being treated with such contempt like that. Tell me people what your experiences have been like at Car Dealers, when these dealers decent on you and all they see is dollar signs. I am definitely having a Wall of Shame for Dealerships as well.

DEALERSHIPS WALL OF SHAME:

  1. Rally Auto Group Palmdale California (Chevrolet Section)
  2.  Lancaster Honda.. California


No comments:

Post a Comment