Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Chrysler Sebring

This is the motor I drive. Not outstanding at all, very basic. Reliable in more ways than not. In some cases very unreliable. Its not too appealing to the eye but at the same time its not too bad looking. Then again this is a Chrysler, these guys are not known for their high end cars, are they? Big jump from the model before it really. I guess it was in the hope of being competitive but this was not the case. The market did not react favorably to this mid sized sedan so really, the price is rather low. This is a 2.7-liter V6 good for 189 hp.

The inside again is very plain. Chrysler did not go out of their way to design this interior.
Pretty ordinary ha, nothing worth writing home about. Its pretty roomy and you are very comfortable in it. One thing I can say about the Sebring is that, it is surprisingly comfortable. And when driving everything is within reach. Trunk space is not all that great though, does the job, but not too good.

The drive is very good, the Chrysler Sebring handles very well. Pretty different for a car that is very basic. The fuel economy is pretty ordinary in the Sebring. In fact its very horrible. So really what you are looking at is a very big gas bill which makes the Chrysler Sebring cost you more in the long run. Another thing thats true about the Chrysler Sebring, is the way it is so steady when you are driving on the freeway. Good for those long runs.

Certain details Chrysler always conveniently forgot to mention is the gearbox locking up in park mode. This happens in pretty much all the Chyslers. They know about this but they are willing to put a car out on the road. Who does that?

So what just because I paid $ 20000.00+, which is peanuts in car terms, Chrysler do not have to improve their cars at all. This is why this car should be on my wall of shame too.





5 comments:

  1. I like the look of your. I though it was nice the first day I seen it at school.
    your class mat Gerald

    ReplyDelete
  2. s/b i like the look of your car. sorry. very cool blog. did you get a appointment for your drive test. My is Oct 26th 10:00am you can text me at 661-717-9118

    Student Number 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah went and got mine yesterday for the twenty fifth in Bakersfield. Exciting stuff.Thanks for the comments man. there is more cars coming

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder you hate nicer luxury cars like the Lexus LS460, if you're driving that piece of crap haha! Jealously at its best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not think I got it wrong by putting the Lexus on the wall of shame.Jealous has nothing to do with it at all. Just giving a fair and balanced review. After all a Lexus is a glorified Toyota and there is way betters motors I have driven to be jealous of, yet I am not.People died in these cars and hence the congressional hearings.

    PS my car is on the wall of shame too, so there is no need to be jealous of cars on the wall of shame.

    ReplyDelete